Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cranberry Apple Rolls


These rolls are a modification of the Cranberry Bread with Apple Glaze recipe that I posted last month.  For the record, I did discover a mistake in the recipe (there should be 1 1/4 c. water, not 1/4 c. water).  My apologies if anybody attempted to repeat that! 

Make the dough as directed in the original recipe and let rise for 1 hour. Then, weigh out 2 1/2 oz. portions of dough, and roll these into balls.  Place them on a greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.  Let rise for 1 hour.  Bake at 375° for about 20 minutes.  When the rolls have cooled, brush with the apple glaze.

These were a little bit tricky to transport since they are sticky on the top.  But, they were worth the effort!  None were left by the end of the night!

2 comments:

  1. Do these taste a lot like a hot crossed bun then? (My fam makes them with craisins instead of raisins anyway.) They are pretty! Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somewhat comically, I don't think I've ever had hot crossed buns! Maybe that needs to change! : )

    ReplyDelete